RSS Page Reflection
This Reflection is composed by two parts:
Part 1 discuss how I might use this RSS in my own teach and learn setting.
Part 2: All the items required by RSS page Reflection.
Part 1:
At first, I think RSS Reader can aggregate information together, this will help my professional development after my teaching in school.
Second, I could use those information to design my curriculum to better students’ learning.
Third, for my professional learning community, I could share those information with Chinese teachers to make resources sharing come into true.
Part 2
I am Miaomiao Cui. The screen shot of my RSS Reader page is as below. I upload two screenshots: one is about the people and blog I follow and my comments on them; the second one is about the feeds I added to my RSS Reader, four feeds required by our course and more than 4 feeds relative to Mandarin Chinese teaching.
You could see the feeds on the left column in the screenshot above.
Describes at least one comment you have added to a blog
- I read The UnCommon Core from Weblogg-ed
My comment is Embracing and learning through change
Why a student's interest should be emphasized? The project-based courses, virtual offerings, community-based interships and capstone projects can foster the interest. Only the interest can last for a long lifetime study and deep thinking.Edit | Delete 4:44 PM
- Describes your experience of tracking changes to these pages routinely (for example, check your RSS Reader page on at least 3 different days and describe the differences in postings across those days)
I checked my RSS Reader page several times in one day. And gradually get familiar with the different usages of this Reader page, and also add more links and follow more blogs and people to share information and exchange ideas.
- Describes what you have learned from the contents of the news feeds you have been tracking
As suggested, I added the four required feeds, and also add another four feeds relative to the language course I am currently teaching in high schools. One of them is a blog. And then because I checked this Reader page several times everyday, I add more feeds than required, and find it is really useful to get professional development outside of school and classroom.
- Describes how you might apply either the content of your RSS Reader page, or the capabilities of RSS Reader pages, in your own setting
Because currently I am a languag teacher in two high schools, so I prefer to use this Reader to share with my students and help them to learn outside class. And also like to share those information and discussion with other high school teachers to prompt teaching skills and increase free resources.
Labels: CEP810, Google Reader, MaYi, Miaomiao Cui, Nancy, RSS Lab




1 Comments:
Nice job getting your screen shots up on your blog.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home